Request a Consultation

My Loved One with Disabilities Has Died. What Happens to The Funds Leftover in a Special Needs Trust in Ventura County , California?

A Special Needs Trust in (SNT) is a complex legal tool set up on behalf of a person with special needs or disabilities. The SNT allows a beneficiary with special [...]

2020-08-14T16:47:31+00:00August 14, 2020|Special Needs Planning|0 Comments

How Is a Trustee Paid for Managing a Special Needs Trust in Ventura County?

Westlake Village special needs planning lawyers often help parents set up a supplemental or Special Needs Trust in Ventura County to protect their child’s resources and inheritance for the future. [...]

2020-03-16T17:31:35+00:00March 16, 2020|Special Needs Planning, Trusts|0 Comments

Thousand Oaks Trust Lawyer: How to Protect an Inheritance for a Loved One Battling Bipolar Disorder

As a Thousand Oaks trust lawyer, I am often asked by parents if it is possible to protect an inheritance for an adult child who battles Bipolar Disorder. Unfortunately, one of the hallmarks of the condition is excessive financial spending while in the mania phase of the disease. Parents often worry that if they leave an inheritance outright to their adult child that it will be lost or squandered quickly, and that mom or dad will no longer be around to help deal with the fallout of such spending.

2019-09-17T15:11:11+00:00September 20, 2019|Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning|0 Comments
Go to Top